I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Paleo AIP Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake is that classic coffeecake that’s perfect for friends coming over, family brunch gatherings, breakfast buffets and the holidays.
It’s an easy recipe that you can make the day before or the morning of, and goes great with this (all-time favorite) Paleo AIP egg-free savory Breakfast Casserole.
A word on the cake texture: It is very good! You will love this cake!
Paleo AIP Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake is Gluten-free, egg-free, grain-free and dairy-free.Jump to Recipe
What is coffeecake
I know; it’s a funny question, but it’s a good one!
Coffeecakes go back hundreds of years, and they’ve evolved. But in most people’s minds, the best ones are made of great cake and streusel — a cinnamon spiced mixture that’s sweet, buttery and sometimes nutty.
The added fun is that coffeecakes should use what you have on hand. So that means: It’s great to use jam or seasonal fruit, if you want to make yours extra special.
You can also layer the streusel, swirl or dot it in.
This simple Cinnamon Coffeecake is really great just how it is. But you can also embellish it or add your own flare if you’d like.
Ingredients in Paleo AIP Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake
The flours used in the main cake recipe are cassava, tiger nut and coconut. If you can’t have coconut, that one flour may be able to be subbed with tiger nut, but I haven’t tried it yet.
The other dry ingredients are: collagen, gelatin, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt. The collagen and gelatin can not be omitted.
Wet ingredients are coconut or tiger nut milk (if you can’t have one of these, Avo Milk may work), oil and apple cider vinegar.
The Cinnamon Streusel topping ingredients are:
- coconut sugar
- tiger nut flour
- palm shortening — This brand is best and recommended.
How to make Paleo AIP Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake
This recipe is a simple process:
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut fat into flour, sugar and cinnamon, to make Streusel topping. Set aside.
- For coffeecake: Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Mix to combine. Scrape into greased baking dish.
- Top with streusel, and bake.
Fully cool before slicing. Enjoy!
The first night, feel free to leave coffeecake out, covered, on the counter.
After that, refrigerate for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Paleo AIP Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake
- baking dish varying sizes will work: 9x9, 10x10, round, square or rectangular
- 1 recipe AIP Birthday Cake (*newly updated recipe*, but I haven't updated the photos yet)
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease pan, and line with a strip of parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make streusel topping: combine in medium size bowl dry ingredients: coconut sugar, tiger nut flour and cinnamon. Stir well to mix. Add palm shortening. Use a fork or pastry cutter to thoroughly smash fat into dry ingredients to form crumble.
Birthday Cake and assembly
- Make birthday cake batter.
- Scrape into desired-shape pan.
- Evenly add crumb over cake top. Bake about 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Fully cool before slicing to serve.