I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Yogurt Cheesecake is an incredible-tasting, easy, healthy and fun dessert! Make with dairy, or dairy-free! Great for Ancestral, Paleo, real food diets, great for AIP, Keto, Primal, GAPS, Gluten-free and refined sugar-free diets.
This no-bake treat is full of probiotics and quick to make, with just 5 ingredients minimum.
Jump to Recipe
Why Yogurt Cheesecake
Who doesn’t want a healthier cheesecake?!
On a personal note, friends, I LOVE this recipe. It may not be for everyone? — but I am a great cheesecake lover. Contrast that with my love for all things health, and we have a problem. LOL.
Most cheesecakes are made with cream cheese, which is almost never healthy; even the organic brands aren’t made with the right milk and cream.
Plus, not everyone can have dairy.
Any yogurt that fits your diet will work well in this recipe.
So, we get all the delicious YUM of yogurt — which is a little like cheese with its tang — all the creaminess of cream (real heavy cream, coconut cream or sour cream, depending on your diet) … and the lovely crust!
Plus the mouthfeel of cheesecake, which is pure pleasure on a fork.
Awesome that most restricted diets include some version of yogurt; most of us can have it!
Not too sweet
Yogurt Cheesecake has very little sweetener, so you can really have the cheesecake experience but a much healthier version.
In short, all the pleasure of yogurt and cheesecake rolled into one — makes the perfect dessert. And you will love the soft mouthfeel of this yogurt-cream filling!
Ingredients in Yogurt Cheesecake for the different diets
Yogurt Cheesecake can be made to fit most diets: dairy-free or dairy, egg-free, nut-free, Gluten-free (or not), Paleo (or not), Keto, AIP, GAPS and more.
See the notes below and the Notes section below the recipe for links.
- Paleo, AIP, dairy-free — Use your favorite non-dairy compliant yogurt, homemade or store bought. See the Notes section below the main recipe for links. For cream, use coconut cream; or for non-AIP, smooth rich cashew cream is also okay.
- Ancestral, Primal, Keto — Use homemade yogurt or the best quality store bought yogurt, which is naturally low carb for those on Keto. Just be sure it’s Plain, all natural, full fat yogurt, with no added sweetener. For cream, use the best quality cream, like Alexandre A2A2, which is at more and more markets, or raw, if you have access.
- GAPS — Use homemade 24-hour yogurt, and then real probiotic sour cream or coconut cream for the cream.
See the Notes section below the recipe for links to several crust recipes to meet your needs.
Any cheesecake crust will work, including cookie crumb crusts that get pressed into place or no-bake crusts made with dried coconut, dried fruit and/or nuts. Just be sure to chill your crust before pouring in the filling.
Feel free to ask a question in the Comments section if you need an additional recipe to meet your dietary requirements.
If you want just the filling of this dessert, you may pour it into a deep glass pie plate or jars to chill and set up.
As such, you’ll have a delicious blancmange, panna cotta or rich bonny clabber-type dessert.
Eat plain or top with fruit.
You may notice from the photos; I’ve made the filling on the very soft and creamy side. The texture is sublime.
Yogurt Cheesecake (Refined sugar-free, dairy or dairy-free)
- large mixing bowl
- small saucepan
- 1 cheesecake crust chilled (See Notes section below for several crust options)
- 2 cups yogurt room temp. (not cold) (For dairy-free, AIP etc, use compliant dairy-free yogurt; see Notes section below for options.)
- 1 cup heavy cream (For dairy-free, AIP etc: Use coconut cream, warmed so it's smooth and pourable, no lumps; if there is any, remove any hard oil layer from the top of the can. For GAPS dairy option, use real probiotic sour cream.)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or for Keto: low carb liquid sweetener like allulose; for GAPS, use honey.
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon gelatin <-- Use link with code BEAUTIFUL10 for 10% off your entire order.
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Select crust recipe you'll be using. Make it, bake it (if applicable), and allow to cool. Chill it while you make the filling.
- Place water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over its surface. Allow to "bloom" for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, whisking, until the gelatin "goo" texture dissolves, liquefies and is foamy on top, about 2 minutes. Keep whisking over low heat if there are any little lumps until they dissolve. Set aside.
- Dairy heavy cream version: In large metal bowl with beaters, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.AIP and dairy-free: Place coconut cream in small saucepan. Heat gently over low heat until coconut cream is fully melted. Do not simmer or overheat the cream. Allow to cool to warm. (Photo below is of the whipped cream for dairy version.)
- In another large metal bowl with same beaters (no need to clean them after whipping the cream), place yogurt and sweetener. Beat on medium speed for about 20 seconds until smooth and fully combined.
- While beating, drizzle in gelatin water, and mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream thoroughly. AIP and dairy-free: Simply whisk in warm coconut cream. GAPS sour cream version: Use electric mixer on medium speed to blend sour cream into yogurt mixture.
- Pour filling into crust and smooth top surface. Refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
- No topping is needed, but if you wish, garnish with berries, other fresh fruit, Easy Caramel Sauce, Strawberry Topping or lemon curd.
Cheesecake Crust options
- Tiger Nut Crust (Paleo, AIP, GF)
- Keto Shortbread Crust (Paleo, Keto, GF)
- 2 GAPS Diet Pie Crusts (Paleo, GF)
Dairy-free Yogurt options
- Homemade Coconut Milk Yogurt (Paleo, AIP, Keto, GAPS)
- Tiger Nut Yogurt (Paleo, AIP)
- Oat Milk Yogurt (GF)
- Cashew Yogurt (Paleo, GAPS)
The nutritional data below is for the Keto version of this recipe and does not include whichever crust recipe you choose. So add those net carbs for your total.
You can Pin this recipe here:
Similar Cheesecake-related Egg-free recipes you’ll love, all Gluten-free:
- Fermented Dairy-free Cheesecake (Paleo, Vegan, Keto, Ancestral, GAPS)
- Bonny Clabber and Probiotic Panna Cotta (Primal, Ancestral, GAPS)
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake (Primal, Keto)
- Eggnog Cheesecake (Primal, Keto, no-bake)
- Saffron-Vanilla Cheesecake (Primal, no-bake, made with chèvre)
- Fermented Peanut Butter
- Fermented Almond Butter