I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Keto Cheese Muffins are the easiest one-bowl muffin recipe to make, so fast, and they turn out SO delicious! Moist, with a wonderful cheese flavor throughout, you can even sub these muffins at dinner time for dinner rolls or biscuits — so enjoy them alongside traditional meals of roasted chicken, holiday turkey, or with soup or stew.
Savory Keto Cheese Muffins also make a wonderful breakfast, lunch or snack.
This versatile recipe is Gluten-free and Low Carb. Each jumbo muffin has 3 grams net carbs.
Jump to Recipe
Ingredients in Keto Cheese Muffins
- blanched almond flour
- oat fiber — This low carb ingredient is pure insoluble fiber and made from grinding the outer husks of oats. Because it doesn’t dissolve in water and isn’t broken down in the digestive tract, it has zero net carbs and is a great Keto baking ingredient. I use it in this recipe because it helps to give these muffins the perfect texture. This is a great pantry staple to keep on hand. (Find it here.)
- grated cheese — Mozzarella or cheddar, or feel free to use something special like Gruyère, too. (Keto cheeses here.) Buy already grated cheese if you want this recipe to be extra fast to make.
- sour cream — If you buy an 8 ounce container of sour cream, this recipe is extra fast to make, because you don’t need to measure it; you just add the whole thing, which is what I do, and I seriously can’t believe how fast this recipe is to make.
- avocado oil, or olive oil
- onion powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
How to make Keto Cheese Muffins
This is one of the fastest recipes to make on my blog: It’s SO fast, easy and fun, because the batter comes together so quickly, then bake, and!, you end up with lovely Cheese Muffins.
I love to throw these together on a cold day to liven up the kitchen and meals. They’re so quick that it’s no stress to me to throw them together, and then everyone feels the blessing of that special kind — that only comes from making homemade baked goods!
And, the fact that Keto Cheese Muffins are a savory treat is ironically extra sweet: We don’t always need sweets to have a treat. In fact, Cheese Muffins really satisfy, which is why people so often enjoy cheese for dessert. 🙂
Keto Cheese Muffins are a one-bowl recipe!:
- Stir dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin pan.
- Bake, cool and serve!
How to store Keto Cheese Muffins
Keto Cheese Muffins are fine to be stored in a sealed container overnight on the counter. Longer than that, store in the fridge, for up to 4 days.
To refresh, optionally mist with a little water from a water bottle, and place in the oven on low heat for about 10 minutes.
Cheese Muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months.
What to eat them with
- At breakfast, enjoy with avocado, bacon and poached or fried eggs. Or, just a simple hot cup of Butter Tea or Coffee.
- For lunch, enjoy with turkey deli meat and fresh tomato.
- At dinner, Keto Cheese Muffins are great with low carb chili, stew or soup + roasted chicken, Baked Caesar Chicken or other meat dishes.
- Cheese Muffins also make a satisfying snack or after-dinner treat.
Keto Cheese Muffins
- electric mixer optional
- muffin pan
- 2 cups blanched almond flour <-- This brand is the best.
- 4-½ ounces mozzarella cheese , or cheddar, grated; about 1-⅔ cup
- 1 cup sour cream (Buy an 8-ounce container of sour cream to make this recipe extra fast = no measuring; you'll use the whole thing.)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oat fiber (<--This ingredient is gluten-free, organic and low carb. It is not oatmeal.)
- ¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons sea salt or Potassium Lite Salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line muffin pan with liners. (The recipe makes 8 large muffins.) Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl: almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder, onion powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add wet ingredients on top: sour cream, eggs and oil. Mix with beaters until mostly mixed, then add cheese, and mix the rest of the way. (I use an electric handheld mixer on medium-low speed.)
- Fill muffin cups (for 8 muffins, I used about 2-½ ounces of batter per muffin). Bake in preheated oven about 25 minutes, until browned, but not too dark, and toothpick inserted into center of one comes out clean.
- Cool on rack, then serve.
You can Pin Keto Cheese Muffins here:
Similar recipes you may like
- Keto Sourdough Bread
- Cloud Bread (with dairy-free option)
- 90-Second Keto White Bread
- Best Keto Chocolate Chaffle
- Keto Vegan Bread Rolls (egg-free)