I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
90-Second Keto White Bread makes one small loaf of white sandwich bread, and it’s perfect for toast! This recipe is also Paleo and Gluten-free.
I bake mine in a little loaf pan, but you can also use a ramekin OR mug in the microwave, or oven — whichever you prefer!
Keto and Low Carb, this recipe has just 1.1g net carbs!
Jump to Recipe
Ingredients in 90-Second Keto White Bread
Standard Keto, Paleo and Gluten-free ingredients are used in this recipe:
- almond flour (blanched — This is the best one.)
- golden flax seed meal — Or, golden flax seeds, to make your own flax seed meal.
- butter (or coconut oil, for dairy-free)
- baking powder
- sea salt
How to Make 90-Second Keto White Bread
Whip up the quick batter, and then bake or microwave this easy homemade bread recipe, whichever you prefer.
Make and bake how it sounds easiest and best for you, one of 3 ways:
- like a mug bread in the microwave
- in a ramekin in the microwave
- or in the oven — in an oven-safe ramekin, or how I’ve done it, in a mini loaf pan (Here’s the one I have and love; this is an awesome pan btw!) I love this method best because you get a little loaf of bread, square toast — and using my oven feels really easy. (It bakes for just 12 minutes!) The pan I use does not need to be greased either; the loaf just pops right out after baking.
If you use your microwave, it takes just 90 seconds to bake your bread, thus the name!
- In a small bowl or saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients. Mix with a fork until evenly combined, about 60 seconds.
- Scrape batter into prepared mug, ramekin or little pan. If you wish, smooth the top flat, or as I did, allow it to bake up mounded like a loaf of bread by not flattening the batter on top as much.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, or bake for about 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, unmold, and then it tastes best to slice and TOAST it! 🙂
It’s the easiest Keto, Paleo, Gluten-free white bread to make!
Where this recipe came from
This recipe is actually from my friend Maya Krampf’s new cookbook, Easy Keto Carboholics’ Cookbook! She calls it 90-Second Flax Bread.
As Maya says in her intro to the recipe, it “… takes just 90 seconds to bake in the microwave — or a bit longer if you prefer the oven”. Maya’s photo shows the microwave ramekin version, and my photos show the oven-baked version. Both bake up golden brown.
This recipe tastes best toasted, although it’s delicious both ways. But toasted, the texture and flavor are like perfect white toast with butter.
I’m sharing Maya’s recipe with her permission as she launches this new recipe book. ALL of Maya’s recipes turn out! That’s one reason it’s fun to share her new cookbook. If you need great reliable Keto recipes, I’m sure you’ll love her new publication, or it would make a lovely gift. Find it here.
90 Second Keto White Bread (Small loaf for sandwich or toast! Paleo, GF)
- microwave or oven
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on the stove, or in a small bowl in the microwave.
- Stir in almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, salt and egg. Mix well until smooth and uniform.
- If using ramekins or mugs: Divide batter into two ramekins, 3-½ to 4 inches in diameter. Level the tops with the back of a spoon. If using mini loaf pan, (measures 2.25 x 3.88 x 1.25 inches in each well) use all of the batter for one mini loaf, allowing batter to remain slightly mounded on top.
- Microwave method: Microwave for about 90 seconds, until firm. Oven method: Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until firm (mine takes 12 minutes).
- Run a knife around the inside of the ramekins and then flip onto a plate or paper towel to release. Slice in half. For oven-baked loaf, just flip upside down, and the loaf will pop right out. Cool for a few minutes if you wish, slice and toast.