I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Keto Strawberry Bread is like a low carb strawberry muffin loaf! With just 10 minutes prep in ONE BOWL, Strawberry Bread brings the flavors of summer into your home year round! This recipe is also Vegan and Gluten-free.
Use fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe!
Jump to Recipe
What’s Keto Vegan mean?
I decided to make this loaf Keto AND Vegan because while there are plenty of Keto and plenty of Vegan bread loaf recipes, it’s actually REALLY HARD to create a loaf with both qualities.
I’ve gotten really good at creating breads for unique dietary guidelines, and this recipe was hard for even me 😉 to create.
So, with that said, this Keto Vegan bread is excellent for anyone with needs like: low carb, egg-free, dairy-free, and there’s even a variation for nut-free.
If you happen to be JUST KETO or JUST VEGAN, that’s great. You can easily follow the recipe as-is, or make a few accommodations to make the recipe extra convenient for how you eat. See the ingredient substitutions section below (or the Recipe itself) for more on this.
What’s Keto Vegan Strawberry Bread like?
This loaf is “dang good”, in the words of my teenage son. I would have said, “Lovely”, but you get the idea.
Because this strawberry bread loaf is egg-free, it doesn’t rise super high … but what is lacks in height, it makes up for in moistness, flavor and the overall yum factor — almost like a delicious coffeecake meets banana bread, but strawberry!
You’ll LOVE this recipe, simply put.
The glaze on top is optional, but it’s a pretty garnish and tastes nice too.
Ingredients in Keto Vegan Strawberry Bread
I wanted to create a super moist Strawberry Bread Loaf that had the right crumb in the absence of eggs.
Two ingredients helped me achieve that: flax seed meal and psyllium husks.
Combined with blanched almond flour and coconut flour, which add a subtle density and good bite, these two leaveners help to give the bread a nice texture, very much like a moist banana bread.
The remaining ingredients are:
- granulated and liquid sweeteners — Not too much of either one for a bread that’s lovely, but not overly sweet.
- coconut milk
- apple cider vinegar — This reacts with the baking soda to create the rise in the bread.
- baking soda and sea salt
- fresh or frozen strawberries
How to make Keto Strawberry Bread
This easy recipe is simply made in one big bowl.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients, including the strawberries.
- Use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients well (without over-mixing).
- Scoop the thick batter into a lined loaf pan, and smooth the top. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cool, and optionally glaze!
What size pan to use
Because this loaf is relatively small, you may choose to use a small-medium size loaf pan. If you use a 9″ loaf pan, your loaf will be pretty low (not rise super high).
Can any ingredient substitutions be made in this recipe
Because this recipe is egg-free, each ingredient has been thoroughly tested. It’s hard to make substitutions in egg-free baking.
But here are a few small changes that could be made if needed:
- To make this recipe nut-free, you may be able to make your own seed flour to sub in for the almond flour. Try sesame, sunflower or pumpkin seeds. (Blend the seeds until they make flour, but stop before butter is formed.)
- If you’re not Vegan, the coconut oil could be substituted with butter.
- The apple cider vinegar may be subbed with lemon juice.
- If you’re Vegan or Gluten-free and not super low carb, you may increase the strawberries in the bread, up to 1 cup. You may also use a non-low carb sweetener (details in Recipe).
Is Keto Strawberry Bread healthy?
Yes, this Keto Strawberry Bread with almond flour is healthy and low carb – just 4 grams net carbs per slice.
It’s made with high protein ingredients like almond flour and flax seed meal + healthy fat and strawberries. Strawberry Bread is also high in fiber and minerals.
How to use frozen strawberries in this recipe
This Keto Strawberry Bread recipe includes either fresh or frozen strawberries.
If you use frozen strawberries, defrost them enough to chop them into small pieces. If you defrost them fully, allow any watery liquid to drain off before measuring.
I leave mine out on my cutting board for about 15 minutes, and then they’re soft enough to cut through.
How to store leftovers
Store leftover strawberry bread in a sealed container on the counter overnight or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To freeze, seal well and store for up to 3 months. Thaw to room temperature by leaving it out on the counter for a few hours, or in the fridge overnight.
Can you make Keto Strawberry Bread as muffins?
Yes, absolutely! Simply bake until toothpick comes out of the center clean, about 20 to 25 minutes, depending on how big your muffins are.
Keto Strawberry Bread (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- loaf pan
- mixing bowl
- handheld or electric mixer (optional but ideal because the batter is thick)
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted (Okay to use butter if not Vegan/dairy-free.)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons low carb liquid sweetener (like Allulose) (Okay to use agave for Vegan, or honey for Gluten-free, if not Keto/Low Carb.)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup strawberries chopped, fresh — or chopped but still mostly frozen (Okay to use up to 1 cup for Vegan or Gluten-free, if not Keto, Low Carb.)
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a small to medium-size loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients, in the order they're listed, including strawberries.
- Use an electric handheld mixer to combine. Scoop and spread thick batter into lined loaf pan. Shape the top so middle is a little higher than the sides/edges (a domed top).
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool fully, and then drizzle with optional glaze.
Optional Icing RecipeInstructions
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients for the icing.
Allow bread to cool before icing.
More Keto breads for you to enjoy
If you love Keto sweet breads, here are a few more of my favorites for you to try: