I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
AIP Sheet Pan Pancakes are such a fun and yummy recipe! You get to decide the toppings, and instead of standing over the stove top flipping, the oven easily cooks up these beauties, in just 20 minutes. This recipe is also Paleo, Gluten-free, Egg-free and Nut-free.
Best of all, AIP Sheet Pan Pancakes have almost no sweetener in the batter, yet syrup is optional — they taste sweet!
You’ll love this healthy, special breakfast. Add a side of meat, and you’re all set — whether for a special occasion, everyday needs or a weekend treat.
Jump to Recipe
How to make AIP Sheet Pan Pancakes
AIP Sheet Pan Pancakes are a simple “quick bread” recipe: Just stir together the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, mix, and spread into the baking pan.
For this recipe, use a quarter sheet pan (like this), or similar.
Top the batter with whatever fruits you like, typically slices of fresh banana, strawberries and blueberries. But blackberries, cherries, diced apples and other fruits will work, too.
I also added a section with AIP carob “chocolate” chips.
Then, bake 20 minutes.
Serve without toppings if you wish, because these stand alone really well — the fruit and batter are naturally sweet. Or, see the Toppings ideas below.
Ingredients in AIP Sheet Pan Pancakes
- tiger nut flour
- tapioca flour
- avocado oil — Or similar, like olive oil.
- collagen and gelatin — Both of these ingredients help to create the right texture, so they can’t be subbed out or omitted.
- coconut flour — You might be able to sub this for tiger nut flour, if you can’t have coconut.
- maple syrup — Only 1 Tablespoon is used for the whole recipe, but it helps to create the right texture. Again, don’t omit this for the best texture outcome.
- apple cider vinegar
- baking powder and baking soda
- sea salt
Toppings ideas for AIP Sheet Pan Pancakes
Not too much sweetener is ideal on the AIP diet, and thankfully, these pancakes don’t need it! But if you just want that syrup experience, maybe for a special breakfast, enjoy pure maple syrup!
Other topping options include:
- Homemade Coconut Milk Yogurt
- Tiger Nut Yogurt
- Strawberry Topping (Sauce)
- Rhubarb Sauce
- whipped coconut cream
- coconut oil
AIP Sheet Pan Pancakes (Paleo, Gluten-free, Egg-free)
- 1 cup tiger nut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup collagen <--This is the best brand, with 3rd party testing for pesticides. Use code BEAUTIFUL10 at checkout for 10% off your entire order.
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil or similar (such as olive oil)
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin <--This is the best brand, with 3rd party testing for pesticides. Use code BEAUTIFUL10 at checkout for 10% off your entire order.
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda sifted
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a quarter sheet baking pan, or similar. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Measure wet ingredients into a 2-cup pyrex or small bowl. Add and stir in the wet ingredients until well mixed, without over-mixing. (I use electric handheld beaters on low, then medium speed.)
- Spread batter into baking pan, smoothing out the top surface.
- Top with favorite toppings, such as fruit slices: bananas and strawberries, whole blueberries, blackberries or raspberries, or other options include diced apple pieces or homemade AIP carob chips.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cut into sections, and serve, with or without toppings.