I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Paleo & AIP Sheet Pan Pizza is a fun and delicious dinner with an easy one-pan crust and lovely classic toppings — but without the dairy. This recipe is naturally gluten and grain-free.
Ingredients in Paleo & AIP Sheet Pan Pizza
Two components make pizza: the crust and the toppings.
The crust’s dry ingredients are:
- cassava flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut flour
- coconut sugar
- baking soda and sea salt
Wet ingredients are:
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
What I love about this crust is that it lets the toppings shine. It’s just a basic, great cassava flour pizza crust.
The toppings I’ve chosen for this classic pizza are:
- No-Tomato Sauce for AIP; or for Paleo, you can use traditional tomato sauce.
- cooked up bulk pork sausage (or you can use another meat, even bulk turkey cooked with a few Italian herbs, if you prefer)
- Paleo & AIP Cheese: I provide a link (in the recipe below) to a few classic mozzarella-style cheeses you can choose from, all dairy-free.
- Pesto: For AIP, there’s a link (in the recipe below) for seed and dairy-free AIP pestos, or use your favorite Paleo pesto.
- Olives, sliced.
This classic simple pizza combination of sauce, meat, cheese, pesto and olives is hard to beat.
If you wish, you can certainly add other favorites, like: bacon, cooked spinach, sliced onions, sautéed mushrooms etc.
How to make Paleo & AIP Sheet Pan Pizza
To make Paleo & AIP Sheet Pan Pizza:
- Add dry ingredients of Crust recipe to medium size mixing bowl, and stir together. Add wet ingredients and combine well.
- Press into sheet pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with toppings (except pesto, which is best not baked), and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Add pesto, slice and serve.
You may also garnish the pizza with fresh basil.
How to store and reheat leftover pizza
Store leftover pizza in the fridge for up to 4 days, in a sealed container.
To reheat, warm in a preheated 325 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Paleo & AIP Sheet Pan Pizza (one-pan, dairy-free)
- sheet pan (or other pan)
Paleo & AIP Pizza Crust
- Grease a small sheet pan, cast iron skillet or casserole dish. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium size bowl, combine Crust's dry ingredients: cassava flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, gelatin, baking soda and sea salt. Add wet ingredients: water, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Use a hand mixer to combine ingredients (or use a food processor to mix).
- Press dough into prepared dish. Bake 10 minutes, then remove from oven briefly to put on toppings.
- Garnish with pesto, fresh chopped basil and/or course sea salt. Cut into 6 or 8 equal portions. And serve.