I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Keto Strawberry Cream Pie with Shortbread Crust is a classic American dessert treasure! SO good and luscious, creamy, sweet and — summer berries shine! This pretty, alluring pie can also be made year round for any special gathering. Plus, it’s easy and fast to make. This recipe is Low Carb, Primal, Gluten-free and egg-free.
Jump to Recipe
Ingredients in Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
- Cream cheese and whipped cream are whipped together with sweetener to create a luscious, creamy comfort food dessert!
- This creamy base is then folded with smashed strawberries and vanilla. A handful of diced strawberries are folded in too.
- The delicious mixture is spooned into a classic cookie-like Shortbread Crust.
- Sweetened whipped cream tops the pie.
- A tiny bit of gelatin is used to create the right texture and maintain the soft peaks of the cream topping.
Additional strawberries can be used to decorate the top of the cream pie. This will add carbs, so may or may not be appropriate for your diet. For Primal and Gluten-free, or if you’re making the dessert for an occasion, you may wish to add the extra berries as a garnish.
Variations to Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
You may also wish to garnish the top of your pie with seasonal other berries. How beautiful to decorate the top with local, fresh marionberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or raspberries … not to mention, if you’re lucky enough to have some Bohemian berries to play with, like fresh currants or gooseberries — all so pretty and fun!
Let this pie be pure strawberry or let it express whatever berries are in season.
Carbs in Keto Strawberry Cream Pie with Shortbread Crust
If you make the Keto version of this recipe, the net carbs in the filling for this pie are 3 grams! Super low. With the crust, one big serving of the whole pie is just 6 grams net carbs. For 1/8th of the pie, a smaller but normal size piece, just 4.5 grams net carbs.
Leftovers of Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
Simply cover your leftover pie and refrigerate. Eat any leftovers within 3 days for the best flavor and textures.
Thankfully, that little bit of gelatin helps to protect the cream and filling from wilting.
Keto Strawberry Cream Pie with Shortbread Crust (Primal, egg-free)
- pie plate
- electric beaters
- 1 Keto Shortbread Pie Crust (Click link to make recipe.)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese , softened
- ¾ cup strawberries fresh, mashed with a fork or in a food processor (In the winter, you can use frozen, defrosted strawberries, strained of excess water after defrosting.)
- 1/2 cup low carb powdered sweetener or for Primal: use 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey; (or organic powdered sugar is fine for gluten-free)
- ¼ cup low carb powdered sweetener or for Primal: use maple sugar
- ¼ cup strawberries fresh, diced + more for garnish if desired
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add water to small pot (I use a metal 1/2 cup measuring cup). Sprinkle gelatin over its surface, and allow it to absorb ("bloom") for about 1 minute. Stir with a fork or small/tiny whisk. Turn on heat beneath pot, and stir water continually for 1 to 2 minutes, until steamy, mostly clear and a little foamy, showing that the gelatin has dissolved into the water. Remove from heat, and allow to partially cool during next step.
- With electric beaters, mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sweetener (or Paleo granulated sweetener) and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth. Add and briefly beat 3/4 cup mashed strawberries into cream cheese mixture. Stir in (and scrape sides and bottom with spatula) 1/4 cup diced strawberries.
- Beat heavy cream in a (separate) metal bowl until soft (almost stiff) peaks form. Add final 1/2 cup powdered sweetener (or liquid for Primal) until fully incorporated. With beaters going, add slightly cooled gelatin water. The whipped cream may wilt a little at first. Keep beating another 30 seconds or so until whipped cream stiffens again.
- Fold *only half of the whipped cream* into cream cheese mixture, until evenly mixed.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into prepared (and fully cooled Shortbread Crust). Top with remaining half of whipped cream, gently spreading it out almost to the edges. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Decorate the top of the pie with one large fanned out strawberry on the top of the pie (for Keto), or decorate the whole surface of the pie with more strawberries if low carb diet allows, or for Primal and Gluten-free.
Find sustainable gelatin HERE. Enter code BEAUTIFUL10 at checkout for 10% off your entire order.
Process photos of Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
The following nutritional data is for just the filling of the pie. Total net carbs for the pie are 6 grams for a big piece or 4.5 grams for 1/8th of the pie.
Looking for more luscious Keto, Primal desserts? Try these goodies:
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mint Cupcakes with Swirl Frosting
- Paleo & Keto Donuts (10 minutes prep time)
- No-Bake Egg Nog Cheesecake