I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Eggnog Cheesecake is Primal, Keto, Low Carb, Gluten-free and no-bake. This wonderful holiday flavor makes the best cheesecake ever! You may just agree with me — that this is the best cheesecake of all time.
Eggnog Cheesecake has been made four times in the last month = happy campers here in our tiny house!, eating this with breakfast or for an afternoon snack — so delicious, nutrient dense, rich, yet not too heavy, full of complex flavors that allow you to savor and be satisfied!
Eggnog Cheesecake was even served at our Thanksgiving meal, as I was trying to get the recipe just right, and it’s so pretty and festive!
You can decorate the top with Meringue (using the leftover egg whites, since those nutrient-dense yolks go into the cheesecake itself), or a lovely variation which is Whipped Cream Meringue (my favorite!, printed just below the Meringue recipe) — Find both original recipes HERE. (The Meringue is GAPS-friendly.)
OR you can top Eggnog Cheesecake with my just published and family-favorite Easy Chocolate Ganache (find it HERE), which has kind of revolutionized desserts in our house!! (Easy Chocolate Ganache is so good, quick to make and has very little sweetener.) Plus, it’s delicious just to look at!
If you can find some lovely winter berries, nutmeg and/or greenery for the top, this cheesecake dresses up so prettily for the holidays. You can see below the two topping options: meringue or chocolate.
Which pan to use?
By the way, need a cheesecake pan? This is the one I use most often. It’s smaller in diameter, which creates a taller cheesecake; and it doubles to fit in the Instant Pot or your pressure cooker, because IP cheesecakes are so good (like this one).
Eggnog Cheesecake! Enjoy and happy holidays!
No-Bake Eggnog Cheesecake (Primal, Keto, Gluten-free)
Crust (bake and let cool first); use one of these crusts for GAPS
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature; (use 16 ounces fully cultured sour cream for GAPS)
- 8 ounces sour cream room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup or low-carb liquid sweetener like this one for low-carb/Keto ; (use honey for GAPS)
- 8 egg yolks set aside whites for optional meringue topping
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup Caribbean dark rum optional (but yummy!); (omit for GAPS)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin see link and discount code below in Recipe notes
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
Crust (make first)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, sweetener, sea salt, and baking soda in food processor or by hand. Pulse briefly to blend.
- Add fat of choice and pulse again until flour begins to come together, darkening slightly and absorbing the fat, about 2 minutes. (Or by hand, use a pastry blade.)
- Press mixture evenly into springform pan, along the bottom and about 1-2 inches up the sides. Bake for 9 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- Place ¼ cup water in small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over surface, whisk in, and allow to bloom, 1 minute.
- Place pan with gelatin over medium heat. Stir gelatin until it melts and there is foam on the surface, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add and stir in sweetener and rum. Set aside.
- To a large metal mixing bowl add: cream cheese, sour cream, egg yolks, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sea salt. Whip until smooth and slightly fluffy, about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add sweetened gelatin mixture from pot, fully incorporating the mixture as it’s beaten in. Continue until all the sweet gelatin is added.
- Pour filling into cooled crust, evening out the top surface smoothly. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. After 3 hours or overnight, make the optional meringue and chocolate topping.
- Remove chilled cheesecake from fridge. Unmold from springform pan and place on serving plate. Top with optional chocolate ganache, smoothing out surface with an offset spatula; OR use a piping back to decorate with meringue option. Garnish with nutmeg, holly berries etc.
- If you wish to swirl meringue and chocolate ganache, simply fill one side of the bag with ganache (about ¼ of the volume), and fill the other side with meringue or the whipped cream meringue variation. Pipe decoratively. Garnish.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Which topping will you use? Will you make this before the holidays also … so you get to eat a little extra?! 😉
LOVE cheesecake? Me too!! Here are some other favorites from Eat Beautiful:
- Keto No-Bake Chocolate Chip
- Peppermint (also Keto, Paleo/Primal and no-bake)
- Saffron-Vanilla (no-bake, Paleo/Primal, made with chèvre, so cow-milk free)