I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Easy Pickled Cucumbers are awesomely delicious! — great to serve as a side to any meal. Use as a condiment, garnish, on sandwiches, in salads, to nibble on and more. Make these, and eat them the same day (after they marinate briefly), or let them sit for 24 to 48 hours, for a great fast dill pickle.
Even my 5 year old says, “Mom, I want LOTS!”, when she sees me pull the jar from the fridge.
This recipe contains no sugar, just a few simple ingredients, and it’s very fast to make.
Perfect for most diets — including wellness diets like Paleo, Whole30, Keto, AIP, Vegan, VAD, GAPS, Gluten-free, Low Oxalate and Low Lectin.
Jump to Recipe
Ingredients in Easy Pickled Cucumbers
Just a few ingredients go into this savory snacking treat:
- cucumbers — The recipe calls for 2 cups of cucumber slices. I like to peel mine to reduce lectins.
- water and vinegar — This combination creates the delicious brine, mixed with salt, dill and garlic.
- Choose which vinegar you prefer: apple cider vinegar (for Paleo), rice vinegar or distilled white vinegar. In the photos, you see the version with apple cider vinegar, which is why the pickles and brine have a yellow hue. If you make the recipe with rice or distilled vinegar, your brine and pickles will be clear and white.
Regarding dill: Use dried dill, or fresh, whichever you prefer. I use dried, because I always have it on hand, it works great in this recipe, and it’s less expensive.
How to make Easy Pickled Cucumbers – also known as Quick Pickles
- Bring to a boil the vinegar, water, sea salt, dill and optional garlic.
- Pour this brine over sliced cucumbers in a mason jar.
The cucumbers pickle faster because the brine’s hot, but they don’t actually cook, so they retain the perfect crunchy pickle texture.
After pouring brine over the cucumber slices:
- Leave out until they cool to room temp.
- Then, refrigerate until chilled. Eat now, or allow to marinate longer: ideally 24 hours for the best pickle flavor and texture.
Easy Pickled Cucumbers last in the fridge for 2 weeks, and maybe longer.
Easy Pickled Cucumbers (no sugar, Paleo, AIP, Keto, Whole30, fast!)
- 2 cups cucumber slices, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup vinegar : distilled white vinegar, rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar for Paleo (which is the one in the photos); all 3 versions are great.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dill weed dried, or 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- In small saucepan, bring to a boil water, vinegar, salt, dill and optional garlic.
- Fill 2 cup mason jar with cucumber slices. Pour hot brine over cucumbers, including garlic and dill.
- Leave the hot jar out and uncovered until it cools to room temp.
- Once fully cooled, cover. Refrigerate until chilled. Marinate 24 to 48 hours for the best pickle flavor and texture, or eat once chilled, as they're quite good the same day.
- Easy Pickled Cucumbers last in the fridge for 2 weeks, and maybe longer.