I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
This cheesecake has been made four times in the last month = happy campers here in our tiny house!, eating this with breakfast or for an afternoon snack — so delicious, nutrient dense, rich, yet not too heavy, full of complex flavors that allow you to savor and be satisfied! Eggnog Cheesecake is Paleo, Primal, Keto, Low Carb, Gluten-free, no-bake with a GAPS diet variation!
Eggnog Cheesecake was even served at our Thanksgiving meal, as I was trying to get the recipe just right, and it’s so pretty and festive!
You can decorate the top with Meringue (using the leftover egg whites, since those nutrient-dense yolks go into the cheesecake itself), or a lovely variation which is Whipped Cream Meringue (my favorite!, printed just below the Meringue recipe) — Find both original recipes HERE.
OR you can top Eggnog Cheesecake with my just published and family-favorite Easy Chocolate Ganache (find it HERE), which has kind of revolutionized desserts in our house!! (Easy Chocolate Ganache is so good, quick to make and has very little sweetener.) Plus, it’s delicious just to look at!
If you can find some lovely winter berries, nutmeg and/or greenery for the top, this cheesecake dresses up so prettily for the holidays. You can see below the two topping options: meringue or chocolate.
Which pan to use?
By the way, need a cheesecake pan? This is the one I use most often. It’s smaller in diameter, which creates a taller cheesecake; and it doubles to fit in the Instant Pot or your pressure cooker, because IP cheesecakes are so good (like this one).
Eggnog Cheesecake! Enjoy and happy holidays!
No-Bake Eggnog Cheesecake is my favorite cheesecake of all time! Creamy and rich, the perfect texture and subtle spices are topped with pure chocolate ganache (or meringue) plus the loveliest of crusts for an all-time amazing dessert that is just so easy to make.
- 1-1/2 cups Otto's cassava flour see link below OR use blanched almond flour for low carb/keto option; for GAPS option see no-bake crust recipe below in Recipe notes 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter or lard or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or maple sugar OR Swerve for low carb/keto option; for GAPS option see no-bake crust recipe below in Recipe notes 🙂
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature (use Nancy's brand for GAPS Diet, which is fully cultured probiotic cream cheese)
- 8 ounces sour cream room temperature (use Nancy's for GAPS Diet, which is fully cultured probiotic sour cream)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or low-carb sweetener like Swerve for low-carb/keto option or honey for GAPS Diet
- 8 egg yolks set aside whites for optional meringue topping
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Caribbean dark rum optional (but yummy!)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin see link and discount code below in Recipe notes
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine flour, sweetener, sea salt, and baking soda in food processor or by hand. Pulse briefly to blend.
Add fat of choice and pulse again until flour begins to come together, darkening slightly and absorbing the fat, about 2 minutes. (Or by hand, use a pastry blade.)
Press mixture evenly into springform pan, along the bottom and about 1-2 inches up the sides. Bake for 9 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
Place 1/4 cup water in small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over surface, whisk in, and allow to bloom, 1 minute.
Place pan with gelatin over medium heat. Stir gelatin until it melts and there is foam on the surface, 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Add and stir in sweetener and rum. Set aside.
To a large metal mixing bowl add: cream cheese, sour cream, egg yolks, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sea salt. Whip until smooth and slightly fluffy, about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add sweetened gelatin mixture from pot, fully incorporating the mixture as it’s beaten in. Continue until all the sweet gelatin is added.
Pour filling into cooled crust, evening out the top surface smoothly. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. After 3 hours or overnight, make the optional meringue and chocolate topping.
Remove chilled cheesecake from fridge. Unmold from springform pan and place on serving plate. Top with optional chocolate ganache, smoothing out surface with an offset spatula; OR use a piping back to decorate with meringue option. Garnish with nutmeg, holly berries etc.
If you wish to swirl meringue and chocolate ganache, simply fill one side of the bag with ganache (about 1/4 of the volume), and fill the other side with meringue or the whipped cream meringue variation. Pipe decoratively. Garnish.
Chill until ready to serve.
GAPS Diet Crust
1 cup dates, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup sprouted walnuts, or preferred nut
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender, and pulse to blend.
- Press evenly into the bottom and sides (up 1-2 inches) of a springform pan.
- Refrigerate while the filling is being made.
Find sustainable gelatin here.
Find Otto's cassava flour here.
The following Nutritional Facts are for the Keto/Low Carb version of this recipe.
Which topping will you use? Will you make this before the holidays also … so you get to eat a little extra?! 😉
LOVE cheesecake? Me too!! Here are some other favorites from Eat Beautiful:
- Keto No-Bake Chocolate Chip
- Peppermint (also Keto, Paleo/Primal and no-bake)
- Saffron-Vanilla (no-bake, Paleo/Primal, made with chèvre, so cow-milk free)