I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Spiced crackers, made in the dehydrator! By dehydrating, instead of baking, we are preserving the resistant starch present in green plantains. Resistant starch is a prebiotic: it feeds probiotics and is excellent for colon health! Since when have you eaten a Dorito and felt great about what you’re doing for your body? Well, these are a Copycat Dorito, but SOOO much better and truly healthy!
The green plantain gives you that gift! Find the base recipe for these crackers or chips at Traditional Cooking School. 🙂
Taco-Spiced Chips or Curry Crackers~ from Green Plantains (for Resistant Starch)
Taco-Spice for Taco-Spiced Chips
Favorite Curry Blend
- 2 T. curry powder of choice see link for good quality curry
- Combine spices in a spice grinder or blender and blend until the spices are combined fully and the nutritional yeast is powdered, about 20 seconds.
- Place spices (one or both blends) into small spice bottles that have shaker lids for sprinkling. Or use your thumb and two fingers. Generously and evenly sprinkle seasoning over puree, to taste. (I recommend using more than you see in the photos; more is better!)
- Proceed with recipe, dehydrating crackers or chips until they are pliable and dry enough to cut. For taco-spiced chips I like to cut diagonal shaped chips. Use a long knife to cut desired shapes.
- Return tray with cut shapes to dehydrator until crispy crunchy. Serve; or cool to room temperature and store in sealed container.