I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
AIP Blueberry Muffins are the best! — egg-free, moist, yet just-right in the middle, designed for autoimmune protocol, nut-free, dairy-free and delicious! My whole family loves these, even those who can eat eggs and dairy…
“These are seriously good muffins”, says our teenage boy. He loves and prefers egg-free baked goods, go figure. 😉
Our 10-year-old can’t eat eggs, but our 16-year-old prefers the AIP bakeds goods I make to the ones with eggs he can have. So these are stamped classic, great blueberry muffins, ever moist and delicious… plus with easy to grab ingredients!
Is this a fast and easy AIP recipe?
Yes. I know you need easy AIP recipes, with no “weird” or hard to source ingredients. This is that recipe.
Easy to whip up in a flash, AIP Blueberry Muffins will deliver that cozy Sunday morning goodness to you any day, any time. (But I do hope you’ll make them for Sunday breakfast, because warm muffins on a restful day are ever so special!)
Enjoy that parasympathetic meal that muffins help to usher in!
Mix up a batch in just 10 minutes. Then the recipe takes 25 minutes to bake if you make jumbo muffins or less time for smaller muffins.
Are these muffins healthy?
As you’ll see below, this recipe is packed with nutrition, as well as being a treat:
- Cassava flour is a great source of complex carbohydrates and resistant starch.
- Lard is full vitamins D, E, the antioxidant selenium and fatty acids.
- Collagen provides extra protein and “non-essential” (but much needed) amino acids.
If you’re not on the AIP diet, but perhaps you don’t eat eggs, dairy, grains or nuts, I think you’ll love these muffins too!
Even those not on a restricted diet will enjoy these healthy AIP Blueberry Muffins.
AIP Blueberry Muffins
- muffin tin
- ¾ cup cassava flour Otto's brand preferred and recommended
- ⅓ cup lard or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- ⅓ cup coconut milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup collagen (see link and DISCOUNT code below in Recipe Notes)
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin (see link and DISCOUNT code below in Recipe Notes)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda , sifted
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pan with liners or heavily grease. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients: cassava flour, coconut sugar, collagen, coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda and sea salt.
- In medium bowl combine wet ingredients: fat of choice, coconut milk, water and apple cider vinegar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tin with batter. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes for large muffins.