I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Keto Blender Cheese Sauce is done in 10 minutes, with just 5 ingredients (one of which is sea salt)! It’s an EASY, QUICK recipe. So then all you need to do is cook some grain-free noodles, and you’ve got dinner. This sauce is also SO good on roasted broccoli or any low carb veggie, great on eggs and to use for breakfast, or a quick way to make a simple dinner special. It’s perfect for the Keto diet, Primal/Paleo, Traditional and GAPS! SUCH an indulgent, savory treat for wellness lifestyles!
Leftovers reheat easily.
Keto Veggie Tips
As far as noodles go, we love Keto Cheese Sauce on top of zoodles (find the great spiralizer I have here); and we love it atop spaghetti squash (halve it, scoop out seeds, rub with fat; bake cut side down on a cookie sheet for about 40 minutes at 375 F; or pop in the Instant Pot for 8 minutes!).
Blender Cheese Sauce
The photos below show the cheese sauce at three different temperatures. In the top photo the sauce is hot. In the middle photo it’s started to cool a bit and is thicker; in the bottom photo the sauce was poured warm directly from the blender. It’s thick but melts right into the warm noodles.
I recommend keeping your noodles hot by plating them, then putting the plates in a warm oven. This is completely unnecessary, but a nice way to keep it all the ideal, hot temperature.
- 1 cup cream , preferably raw, or grass-fed heavy cream, not ultra-pasteurized; or coconut cream
- 1 cup whole milk , preferably raw, or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup gelatin see link and discount code in Recipe Notes
- 8 ounces cheese medium hard, aged: sheep's milk manchego, sharp or medium cheddar, gruyere etc.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Heat milk and cream in small saucepan, stirring occasionally, until steaming, but not so hot you can't put your finger into it.
Chop cheese into about 8 chunks. Place cheese in blender. Add sea salt. Add hot cream and milk. Sprinkle gelatin over its surface. Blend about 15 seconds.
Pour back into saucepan and keep warm over lowest heat, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Optional add-ins can be added to the blender before blending: 1/2 cup leftover cooked winter squash, 1 clove raw garlic, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or 1/4 teaspoon pepper.