I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Make Keto Blender Cheese Sauce in just 10 minutes, with just 4 ingredients. This easy recipe is all you need for a quick grain-free noodle dinner. This sauce is also great on roasted broccoli or any low carb veggie, great with egg dishes, or a quick way to make a simple dinner special. It’s perfect for the Keto diet, Primal/Paleo, Traditional, Gluten-free and the GAPS diet.
Leftovers of Blender Cheese Sauce reheat easily.
Ingredients in Keto Blender Cheese Sauce
Just 4 ingredients + sea salt are needed to make Blender Cheese Sauce: cream, milk, cheese and gelatin.
I chose to thicken this sauce with gelatin instead of xanthan gum or a vegetable purée because I wanted the most simple and natural cheese sauce possible. It happens to also be gut-healthy and extra high in protein because of the gelatin.
To make gelatin work as a thickener, I used a lot. You won’t know it’s there (flavorless), but it does an amazing job of creating an indulgent, simple cheese sauce — so much like a classic Mornay French cheese sauce (the kind we all love!), but with a lot less work, and no flour!
How to serve Keto Blender Cheese Sauce
The photos below show the cheese sauce at three different temperatures. In the top photo, the sauce is hot. In the middle photo, it has started to cool a bit — and is thicker. In the bottom photo, the sauce was poured warm directly from the blender. It’s thick but melts right into the warm noodles.
So the temperature of the sauce dictates how thick the sauce is: super hot sauce is runnier. Warm sauce is thicker. (Just like nacho cheese sauce, but natural!)
If you want, keep your noodles hot by plating them, then putting the plates in a warm oven. This is completely unnecessary, but a nice way to keep your dinner an ideal, hot temperature.
Which vegetables to serve with Keto Blender Cheese Sauce
There are two low carb veggies that make great noodles for Cheese Sauce:
- We love Keto Cheese Sauce on top of zoodles (find the best spiralizer here).
- Also serve atop spaghetti squash. (Halve it, scoop out seeds, rub with fat; bake cut side down on a cookie sheet for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit; or pop in the Instant Pot for 8 minutes!).
How to reheat leftovers
I love that Blender Cheese Sauce can be made ahead of time or reheated if you have leftovers.
Simply place in small saucepan, and heat over low to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to simmer.
Keto Blender Cheese Sauce (4 ingredients | Low Carb | Primal | GF)
- Heat milk and cream in small saucepan, stirring occasionally, until steaming, but not so hot you can't put your finger into it.
- Chop cheese into about 8 chunks. Place cheese in blender. Add sea salt. Add hot cream and milk. Sprinkle gelatin over its surface. Blend about 15 seconds.
- Pour back into saucepan and keep warm over lowest heat, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Optional add-ins can be added to the blender before blending: 1 clove raw garlic, 2 cloves roasted garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper.