I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
This warm-from-the-crock-pot breakfast dish is high in protein and good fat as well as being classic coffeecake — a grain-free version. Serve with cream cheese frosting or pour cream or raw milk over it … like bread pudding porridge! Grain-free Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Coffeecake is great for GAPS, Primal, Low-Carb and Keto diets. (AIP, egg-free friends, here’s a wonderful coffeecake for you!)
How Grain-free Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Coffeecake cooks
This slow-cooker treat can be made the same day you intend to eat it: It takes 2 hours on low heat to cook slowly. Or place your Crock Pot on low overnight for 2 hours, allowing it to turn off or to the Warm setting. It’ll be ready the next morning for breakfast, filling your home with lovely smells of cinnamon and butter and sweet bread.
The cooking process
Here’s how the easy process goes:
- The night before, you whip up two concoctions, one in a blender, one in a small bowl. You layer the recipes in a greased crock pot and place the no-fuss heat on Low (for 2 hours).
- You make one more treat, the quick one-bowl frosting. Put it in the fridge and go to bed.
- The next morning your house smells like a bakery and there is NO work as you serve this gooey pudding bread to your fans/family.
Bonus: the cream cheese frosting has probiotics if you use a cultured product.
Yes, this sweet buttery dish is good for you, yet tastes like a wholesome dessert.
Grain-free Crock Pot CINNAMON ROLL COFFEECAKE (Paleo, Keto, GAPS)
- Crock Pot or other slow cooker
- 10 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup flax seed meal
- ¼ cup honey for GAPS/Paleo; for KETO: use favorite low-carb sweetener like Monkfruit Sweetener (see link in Recipe Notes)
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin see link and discount code in Recipe Notes below
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda sifted
Cinnamon Syrup Layer
- Grease the Crock Pot, using about 1 T. butter or rendered animal fat.
- Combine the following ingredients in high-powered blender: eggs, flour, butter, honey (or low-carb sweetener), gelatin and vanilla. Blend 20-25 seconds. Scrape down the sides and pulse as needed.
- In a small bowl sift together flax seed meal and baking soda. Turn on blender and add flax soda mixture. Blend 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Combine syrup ingredients in a small bowl, whisking until mostly blended. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese frosting ingredients in food processor or mixer. Process, pulsing, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed, until well blended, about 30 seconds total. Refrigerate.
- Layer batter and syrup: pour 1 cup batter into bottom of crock pot, spreading it evenly. Top with ⅓ cup drizzled syrup. Repeat layers finishing with almost a full cup of the syrup.
- Set Crock Pot on Low heat for 2 to 2-½ hours. The coffeecake is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with dry crumbs adhering.
- Serve using a large spoon, plating each piece upside down, so the moistest, gooiest side is facing up. Top with dollops of cream cheese frosting. Or pour warm cream over the top, or cultured cream, or sweetened warm coconut cream.
Find low-carb/Keto Monkfruit Sweetener HERE.
Find low-carb/Keto *Liquid* Sweetener HERE.
Find grass-fed, pesticide-free! gelatin HERE. Use code BEAUTIFUL10 at checkout for 10% off your entire order.The nutritional data below is for the Keto version of this recipe.
LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT, SHALLOW, OBLONG CROCK POT?
THIS SHAPE AND SIZE IS VERSATILE — EXCELLENT FOR LASAGNA, ROASTS, STEWS AND YES, CINNAMON ROLL COFFEECAKE! Find it HERE