I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Keto Verde Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas are sure to satisfy: high-fat comfort food, perfectly suited for not only the Keto diet, but also Primal and GAPS eaters. KETO meals are satisfying for so many reasons! Most people enjoy eating high-fat meals because they stabilize blood sugar levels; fats nourish and heal. Fats turn into energy for muscles and brain. Specifically, fats, when not eaten with lots of carbs, are broken down in the liver and turned into energy. That’s what ketones are: highly efficient energy molecules! The body does not long for more nutrition. Instead, the body’s cells become healthier and more efficient, while the gut (and therefore the brain) are gently healed, as Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride teaches us with the GAPS Diet (yes, animal fats heal!).
The Keto Diet’s Benefits
Here are a few more facts to know about why ketosis is good for most bodies:
- Ketones regenerate damaged nervous system cells.
- Ketones can not be used by cancer cells as energy. The immune system can finally get the upper hand and eliminate them, because cancer cells have no fuel (excess carbs and sugar) for growth.
- Ketones benefit those with autism, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease because:
- Brain cells functioning off of ketones (instead of sugar) work more efficiently.
- An overly excited nervous system calms down, thus fewer seizures, less autistic behavior etc. (source)
So if you were wondering why you can eat a cheesy casserole with not only zero guilt, but PRIDE, now you know! One thing to watch: the right ratio of fats to proteins to carbs! Here’s a great article to guide you, on how much protein is just right for your body so the ratio remains 75% fats, 20% protein, and 5% carbs. And here’s a Keto Calculator, which helps you to know exactly how much protein you can have daily to reach your wellness goals.
The Recipe: Verde Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
Regarding the fat to protein ratio: You can always put less chicken into these enchiladas and more cheese. (Really!)
The tortillas are SUPER fast to make, like 10 minutes fast! They’re a little fragile when you flip them, so the recipe indicates to carefully flip, or add the one keto-safe ingredient (I mention in the recipe) to strengthen them a bit. You’ll LOVE the filling: again, so satisfying and with the best comfort food flavors of chèvre or cream cheese, green chilies, chicken and lovely Mexican spices.
More Keto Comfort Food