I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Keto, Low Carb, Primal and GAPS Diet Pizza Bake is a casserole that tastes like pizza! Cold leftovers are good! … and taste like cold pizza! This Keto Pizza Bake is a high-fat, comfort food dinner that’s easy to assemble and sure to please! There’s no crust to this pizza casserole, so it’s just one dish, and you’re done!
Pizza Bake Casserole
The ingredients in this casserole help to make is accessible any day of the week. It’s easy to keep cream and cheese on hand, and pepperoni lasts, so it’s a great staple. Pepperoni is also affordable because a little goes a long way; it’s flavorful! And ten eggs go into this bake, so it’s not only full of protein and fat, it’s more affordable protein than a dinner dish that’s full of meat.
Just a few other simple ingredients that most of us have on hand: chia seed flour! (easy to make in your coffee grinder: HERE‘s the one we have and love), herbs, a tomato and olives. Delicious and easy! 🙂
This dinner is one your family will always be happy to eat, and it’s easy for you to assemble.
ENJOY: Keto, Low Carb, Primal & GAPS Pizza Bake!
- 10 eggs pasture-raised preferred
- 1 cup cream (or fully cultured sour cream for GAPS Diet)
- 8 ounces brie cheese or Port Salut, cut into cubes (or, for Keto, cream cheese is fine)
- 8 ounces cheddar aged, cut into cubes (or, for Keto, mozzarella is fine), divided
- 1 large tomato , diced
- 1 cup olives sliced
- 5 ounces pepperoni sliced in half, so each piece is a half-circle
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds flour (Process 1/4 cup seeds in coffee grinder until seeds become course flour; then measure out 2 Tablespoons for the recipe.)
- 1 Tablespoon basil dried
- 2 teaspoons oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh basil or parsley for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease large casserole dish. Set aside.
- Place the following ingredients into blender jar: eggs, Port Salut or brie, 4 ounces of the cheddar, chia seed flour, sea salt and onion powder. Run motor on low speed 15 seconds, to chop cheese and combine.
- Add cream, dried basil and oregano. Pulse to combine, 8-10 times. Wait about 2 minutes and pulse again, to keep chia seed flour evenly distributed while it expands.
- Grate remaining 4 ounces cheddar.
- Take half the pepperoni pieces (2-1/2 ounces) and cut them into smaller slivers. Toss them with olive slices and tomato pieces.
- Assemble casserole: Pulse blender contents one final time. Pour blender contents into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle pepperoni, olive and tomato mixture over the surface of casserole, allowing them to sink into the egg custard.
- Bake casserole 40 minutes. Then remove from oven briefly to top with shredded cheese, then remaining pepperoni halves.
- Turn up oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and return casserole to oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve, topped with chopped fresh herbs. (We also like this casserole's leftovers cold; it tastes like cold pizza!)
Want more easy, affordable Keto dinner recipes?
See 50+ Easy Keto & Low Carb Meals on a Budget (also Paleo and GAPS) with 7 Tips for Keto Shopping on a Budget