I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
Keto and GAPS Diet Pizza Bake is a casserole that tastes like pizza! And cold leftovers taste like cold pizza! It’s a high-fat, comfort food dinner that’s easy to assemble and sure to please. There’s no crust, so it’s just one dish, and you’re done!
ENJOY: Keto & GAPS Pizza Bake!
- 10 eggs pasture-raised preferred
- 1 cup cream (or fully cultured sour cream for GAPS Diet)
- 8 ounces Port Salut or brie cheese cut into cubes (or, for Keto, cream cheese is fine)
- 8 ounces aged cheddar cut into cubes (or, for Keto, mozzarella is fine), divided
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup olives sliced
- 5 ounces pepperoni sliced in half, so each piece is a half-circle
- 2 Tablespoons chia seed flour (Process 1/4 cup seeds in coffee grinder until seeds become course flour; then measure out 2 Tablespoons for the recipe.)
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh basil or parsley for optional garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease large casserole dish. Set aside.
Place the following ingredients into blender jar: eggs, Port Salut or brie, 4 ounces of the cheddar, chia seed flour, sea salt and onion powder. Run motor on low speed 15 seconds, to chop cheese and combine.
Add cream, dried basil and oregano. Pulse to combine, 8-10 times. Wait about 2 minutes and pulse again, to keep chia seed flour evenly distributed while it expands.
Grate remaining 4 ounces cheddar.
Take half the pepperoni pieces (2-1/2 ounces) and cut them into smaller slivers. Toss them with olive slices and tomato pieces.
Assemble casserole: Pulse blender contents one final time. Pour blender contents into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle pepperoni, olive and tomato mixture over the surface of casserole, allowing them to sink into the egg custard.
Bake casserole 40 minutes. Then remove from oven briefly to top with shredded cheese, then remaining pepperoni halves.
Turn up oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and return casserole to oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
Serve, topped with chopped fresh herbs. (We also like this casserole's leftovers cold; it tastes like cold pizza!)