I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
You know you’ve got a great topping when you want to eat it all by itself for dessert! Top a pie with this meringue. Layer it with ice cream! Or eat it all by itself! Dip cookies in. Make whoopie pies. The possibilities will start leaping through your mind once you’ve made it. Plus it’s Paleo, GAPS and uses half the sweetener that most meringue recipes use, but you’ll never miss that!
Here are some details to applaud and consider:
- It’s made with half the sweetener of most meringues.
- You can choose between using honey, maple syrup or a combination of both (my personal favorite) But just use honey for GAPS.
- It’s super easy to make, and even fun to make!
- You can fold it into whipped cream (see Recipe notes below for this variation) and have the most amazingly yummy thing ever!
- You can keep it dairy-free and enjoy just how creamy it is!
- The peppermint extract option is so so good, especially when folded with whipped cream, in my opinion.
- Or keep it vanilla for more universal uses.
- You can even make a less-sweetener marshmallow with it (again, see this variation below in Recipe notes).
As a side note, this is not the kind of meringue that gets baked and becomes crunchy. This meringue is a topping (or, again, eat it by itself with a spoon!) and is marshmallow-like.
If you see the Variations in Recipe notes ^^^ above, you’ll notice that the second variation folds meringue into whipped cream. Here, below, is a photo, of this texture epiphany. It is THE yummiest topping under the sun. My favorite version includes the peppermint extract! Top ice cream or eat it directly with a spoon for swoon mouth-feel happiness! Just use the vanilla extract to top a pie…!
Find the grass-fed, pesticide-residue-free gelatin that I recommend HERE.