Grasshopper Pie with Chocolate "Oreo" Crust (Paleo, Keto, GF)
Grasshopper Pie is a creamy peppermint pie that's no-bake and dairy-free! With a grain-free Oreo-like crust and fresh whipped topping, you'll love this Paleo, Keto, Vegan and Gluten-free treat — the real food version of an old favorite.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup coconut cream (This is the solid cream in the top half of a full-fat coconut milk can. One can doesn't have quite enough for 1 cup, so you'll probably need 2 cans. Use the leftover watery milk in smoothies, curries, soups etc.)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter , freshly made and soft OR soften it (set the jar in hot water and then stir until it mostly liquifies)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey for Paleo; OR for Keto: liquid allulose or other preferred liquid low carb sweetener
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter melted (do not let any water touch it)
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup collagen peptides optional (omit for Vegan)
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon spirulina (see sourcing and discount code below in Recipe notes)
Chocolate "Oreo" Pie Crust (Reserve ¼ cup of the loose crust, if you wish, to garnish the finished pie.)
After making the pie crust (recipe here), refrigerate it until your filling is ready.
Place the following ingredients into high powered blender: coconut cream, coconut butter, sweetener, optional collagen and peppermint extract.
Blend till smooth and creamy. With motor running, add melted cocoa butter, pouring through the door in the lid. Finally add spirulina until mixed in. (Color will intensify as it sits.)
Pour into prepared pie crust. Set in freezer for 1 hour; then transfer to fridge for 2 to 3 hours, until set through to the middle.
Garnish with optional Paleo Meringue, whipped cream and Pie Crust crumbs. (Store any leftover pie in the fridge, covered.)
For 10% off spirulina and collagen, enter code BEAUTIFUL10 at checkout:
Here's the spirulina I recommend.
Here's the best sustainable collagen. Not only grass-fed, I love that they test for pesticide residue.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg