Avocado Milk (Keto, Paleo, AIP, Whole30, GAPS)
Avocado Milk is SUPER allergy-friendly, versatile and delicious!! Just a few ingredients are needed, and 5 minutes to make it! This beautiful milk lasts and stays a pretty, light-green color in the fridge for days, with no settling! Dairy-free, coconut-free, nut and seed-free, Paleo, Low Carb, Keto, AIP, GAPS and Whole30.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 medium/average-sized avocado ; it measures just under 1/2 a cup if diced into 1/2" pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract ; for AIP: use AIP-compliant vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin , see link and discount code below in Recipe Notes
- stevia or honey: stevia to taste for KETO (about 10 drops to start, depending on brand); or use 2 to 3 Tablespoons honey for AIP and GAPS (I use 2)
- sprinkle sea salt , optional
Place 1/2 cup water into small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over its surface. Heat and stir until foamy and gelatin has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
Place remaining ingredients into blender: remaining water, avocado, optional vanilla, stevia or honey and sea salt. Blend on medium-high speed for 20 seconds. With motor still running, pour gelatin water through the door in the lid, processing an additional 10 seconds. (For measuring avocado: I've shown in the photo below that an average-sized avocado measures 4" long and is just under 1/2 a cup if diced into 1/2" cubes.)
Serve or chill until ready to use. (It will thicken slightly upon chilling.)
Find the best gelatin HERE. Enter code BEAUTIFUL10 at checkout for 10% off your entire order. :)
Avocado milk stays fresh and light green in the fridge for several days. You will not need to stir it again before serving, as no settling occurs.
Chocolate or Carob Avocado Milk variation
Chocolate Avocado Milk is delicious! If you use honey to sweeten the Avocado Milk, some discoloration will occur during storage (whereas the stevia version stays green). One way around this, if it bothers you, is to make the Chocolate (Keto, GAPS) or Carob (AIP) version of this recipe! Or you can make the Chocolate version simply because it's yummy and fun.
- Before you heat the water to dissolve the gelatin, also whisk into it: 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder or toasted carob powder AND 2 Tablespoons extra sweetener (or 5-8 drops stevia/Keto sweetener); (so honey, for GAPS, or it's also okay to use coconut sugar for AIP and Paleo).
- Once the cocoa or carob is whisked in, heat as usual, and proceed with the recipe above.
Calories: 3kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 4mg