Sprouted Blueberry Muffins (with "activated" nut flour)
Sprouted Blueberry Muffins are unique because the nut flour is homemade — using soaked and dehydated nuts for better digestion. Perfect for GAPS, Paleo and whole food diets.
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cups nut flour measured from 2 ½ cups blended, sprouted nuts (use any nut, such as hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, pecans)
- ½ cup flax seed meal
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (not GAPS-friendly, optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered stevia (if NuNaturals brand; use other brands "to taste" as they vary in strength)
- 1/3 cup dates , packed
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sprouted nut or seed butter ("activated" and puréed nuts), homemade or storebought
- ½ cup apple finely chopped fresh, or applesauce
- 3 eggs pastured preferred
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup optional sprouted walnuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pan with liners.
In a medium size bowl, assemble and whisk together the following dry ingredients: nut meal, flax, coconut flour, sea salt, cinnamon, baking soda and stevia.
Assemble and blend together, in a large bowl or food processor, the following wet ingredients: dates, coconut oil, sprouted nut butter, apples and eggs.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in the following: blueberries and sprouted walnuts.
Drop the batter into lined muffin pan. Bake until muffins are puffed, browned on top, and a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Find directions for how to sprout your nuts or seeds HERE.
Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg