Keto Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
Keto Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken is a 3-step quick recipe to assemble, and everyone loves it. This is one of those easy dinners that you'll make again and again because it's just so good and so little work.
Servings 5 servings
- 1.5 to 2 lbs chicken , boneless, skinless thighs (or breasts, cut in half length-wise, if you prefer)
- 12 to 14 ounces artichoke hearts , frozen or canned and drained, defrosted if frozen, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup parmesan , grated finely, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or use cultured sour cream for GAPS
- 1/2 cup cream cheese , softened to room temperature, or chèvre (soft goat cheese works great too) (omit for GAPS)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice , fresh
- 1.5 to 2 teaspoons sea salt (use the lesser amount for 1.5 lbs chicken and the full amount if you use 2 pounds chicken)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (also okay to use dried oregano or thyme)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 whole lemon optional, sliced, for garnish
- fresh basil optional, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub fat of choice over the bottom of a casserole dish. Depending on how much chicken you have, choose a 9x13 or 9x9 or 10x10" pan.
Lay chicken evenly throughout the dish. (If you're baking both breasts and thighs, place the breast meat along the middle of the dish and thighs on the outside.) Sprinkle chopped artichoke hearts evenly over the chicken.
Add to large mixing bowl: cream cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan, salt, pepper and dried basil. Beat to mix briefly on medium-low speed with an electric handheld mixer. Add lemon juice and beat again for about 20 seconds until fully incorporated. Add heavy cream and beat again for 15 to 20 seconds until fully incorporated. (If making GAPS version, simply whisk together sour cream, Parmesan and other ingredients.)
Spread cream mixture directly over artichokes and chicken. (I use a rubber spatula and the back of a metal spoon.) Top with about 6 half slices of lemon (optional, but they're yummy baked).
Bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining parmesan over the surface of the casserole. Bake 5 more minutes. (If you wish: Check inside of meat with fork and knife, cutting into one to check for doneness, or use a thermometer like this: internal temperature should read at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. My chicken actually comes out at 199 degrees F. after 50 minutes of baking - so plenty of cooking time.)
Serve, garnished with optional fresh basil.
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1637mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1583IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 298mg | Iron: 1mg