Bulletproof Hot Chocolate (Paleo, AIP, Keto, GAPS)
Bulletproof Hot Chocolate is the ultimate comfort food beverage! This drink is filling and satisfying, but it won't weigh you down because it digests so efficiently! Great for Paleo, AIP, Keto and GAPS, enjoy this healthy treat.
Servings 1 serving
- 12 ounces milk of choice: raw milk, nut milk, coconut milk for AIP version (or other approved milk); mint herbal tea may also be used or even water: If you use tea or water, increase the fat to a total of 3 Tablespoons.
- 2 Tablespoons butter , ghee or cocoa butter, or a combination (AIP: Use coconut oil); MCT oil may also be used for 1 of the Tablespoons.
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons gelatin <-- see link or below in recipe Notes (Use 1 to 2 tablespoons depending on preference: 2 makes the drink a little sticky on your lips (which I like, but not everyone does), higher in protein and creates a finer foam, plus a firmer pudding treat when chilled.)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder OR for AIP: roasted carob powder
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener of choice : maple syrup or honey; OR low carb sweetener for Keto (you may increase sweetener, to taste, if preferred); stevia may also be used: start with 5 to 8 drops
Heat milk until steaming and hot to the touch, but not yet simmering. Place fat and sweetener into blender.
Add milk to blender. Top with cocoa and gelatin. Purée on medium speed for about 12 seconds. Pour foamy, hot goodness into mug. (If you want your drink hotter, you may now also pour it back into the saucepan to obtain optimum heat. But I don't like blending liquids that are too hot to preserve the integrity of the blender [which is usually plastic].)
*Find gelatin here (that's grass-fed AND pesticide-free, from a great company). Enter code BEAUTIFUL10 at checkout for 10% off your entire order.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 227mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 700IU