Best Keto Paleo Grain-free Granola
Best Keto Paleo Grain-free Granola is literally the best granola recipe ever! Made with nuts and seeds, I share in this recipe what makes this recipe crumble just right in your mouth, and hold its shape like a granola bar! SO good! Also Vegan.
Servings 10 servings
Cost $1.50 per serving
- 16 ounces Brazil nuts or other preferred nut, raw, soaked overnight in salt water (see Recipe Notes below for easy soaking method)
- 2 cups sunflower seeds or other preferred seed or nut, raw, soaked overnight in salt water (see Recipe Notes for easy soaking method)
- 1 cup veggie or fruit puree: I use cooked zucchini for Keto and Low Carb, watermelon purée, apple sauce or even canned pumpkin for Paleo
- 1/2 cup low carb liquid sweetener for Keto and Low Carb , maple syrup for Paleo and Vegan OR raw honey for GAPS Diet
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted, or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup flax seed meal OR cassava flour for Paleo (not cassava for Keto or GAPS)
- 1/3 cup chia seed meal, (blend 1/4 cup chia seeds in high speed blender or coffee grinder for 10 seconds; then measure out the 1/3 cup, reserving any leftovers in the fridge for next time)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Working in 2 batches place wet, rinsed, (soaked) nuts into blender and pulse to create a meal. Only a few bigger chunks will remain. Dump the nuts as you go into a large mixing bowl. Repeat with the sunflower seeds. Use a spatula to scrape them all into mixing bowl with Brazil nuts.
Add all remaining ingredients into bowl: veggie or fruit purée, sweetener, melted fat, flax meal, chia meal and cinnamon. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
Grease dehydrator sheets or two large baking pans (if you're dehydrating in the oven). Spread granola out into a 1/2" chunky layer. Set dehydrator or oven to 140 degrees. Dehydrate until granola is dry on top but still a bit moist underneath (times vary depending on machine). Use an offset spatula to flip big sections. Return granola to dehydrator until totally dry and crispy. Break into large and small chunks and allow to cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
How to Soak Nuts and Seeds (for Better Digestion) — it's easy!
Place raw sunflower seeds and raw Brazil nuts (or other nut of choice) in a large bowl. Cover with room temperature, filtered water by two inches, and add 2 tsp. sea salt. Stir well to dissolve salt. Leave out overnight at room temperature to soak. Drain in a colander, and rinse well.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 9mg