15-minute KETO Greek Bowls (beef or lamb; amazing flavors!!)
Simple ingredients with WOW flavors!! ;) When you taste this Greek-spiced meat and the herbal Spearmint Cream Sauce that gets poured over the top, you may not believe the amazing flavor explosion that went off in your mouth. Enjoy! (Super fast to make and healthy!)
Servings 4 servings
Ground Beef or Lamb Mixture
- 1 lb. ground beef or lamb
- 3 Tablespoons butter unsalted, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 5 turns black pepper freshly ground
- 1 drop lemon or lemongrass essential oil OR 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
Spearmint Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream preferably from raw, A2 milk; for GAPS: use probiotic sour cream
- 5 ounces chevre soft goat cheese; for GAPS: use an additional 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 drop spearmint essential oil OR use 1 tsp. dried spearmint OR use 2 Tablespoons fresh spearmint leaves chopped small
- 1 grind black pepper freshly ground
- 4-6 cups cauliflower rice cooked (more or less based on how much food your guests/family needs to eat)
- 2 tomatoes diced, or many small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber peeled, sliced and each slice sliced in half (half circles)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced and raw (or roasted/sautéed peppers work well here too)
- 1 jar Greek olives or if you buy them in bulk, about 8 ounces, enough for a garnish, but not too many for Keto eaters
- 1 lemon cut in wedges, some wedges may be cut into thin triangles for eating whole
- fresh mint
- fresh oregano or dried, for garnish
Ground Beef or Lamb Mixture and Assembly
Heat medium size skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter. When melted, add ground beef or lamb, sea salt, dried oregano and onion powder.
Cook over high heat 5 minutes, breaking up meat into small pieces with your spatula the whole time.
When meat is mostly cooked, turn off heat, but leave pan on burner. Move meat to outer edges so the middle of the pan is empty. Add the remaining 2 Tablespoons butter.
While it melts, add, on top of it, the one drop lemon or lemongrass essential oil (or lemon rind) and 5 grinds of pepper. Stir the butter into the meat.
Fill each bowl with hot cauliflower rice, or have guests/family each make their own. Top rice with meat, cucumbers, tomatoes, red bell pepper, thin lemon triangles or larger wedges for squeezing, olives, spearmint cream sauce and fresh mint. Garnish with oregano.
Here's the Spearmint Essential Oil I use. Here's the lemon. Here's the lemongrass (which I love!)
Here's the right size cast iron skillet, if you don't already have one! Here's how to clean it when it arrives.
Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 1174mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2560IU | Vitamin C: 140mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 4mg