Lavender Blueberry Switchel
My kids literally line up for this healthy probiotic drink, and my husband loves it too. Lavender Blueberry Switchel is the perfect hydrating beverage for summer time, or after physical exertion — refreshing and delicious! (The lavender is optional.)
Servings 6 servings
- 6 cups filtered water divided, preferably warm or room temperature
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons dried lavender optional (omit for just straight Blueberry-Ginger Switchel) find link below in Recipe Notes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger minced, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 Tablespoon spirulina optional
- stevia optional (omit for AIP), to taste (my kids like it sweeter! and the flavors ARE more pronounced when it's sweeter)
Combine the following ingredients in blender: 2 cups water, blueberries, honey, apple cider vinegar, ginger, optional spirulina and optional stevia.
Puree on medium speed until blueberry skins are teeny, about 50 seconds. Add lavender and blend briefly again, about 10 seconds.
Pour into tall 8-cup mason jar (see link below in Recipe Notes). Add final 4 cups water. Stir and leave out on the counter for a minimum of 4 hours, but preferably overnight. If you omit the lavender, you can also serve Blueberry-Ginger Switchel immediately.
Chill and serve.
Find organic dried lavender HERE.
Find a set of two 8-cup mason jars HERE.
Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg