AIP Bacon & Apple Breakfast Cookies
AIP Bacon & Apple Breakfast Cookies give you something convenient to grab, something NEW for breakfast — also perfect for lunches, afternoon snacks, a side for dinner and healthy desserts. They're high in protein, complex carbohydrates and good fats.
Servings 22 cookies
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce homemade or store bought, organic
- 1 cup bacon chopped pieces, from about 7 pieces cooked bacon
- 1 cup green onions diced
- 1 cup apple diced
- 1 cup cassava flour use Otto's for reliability and quality
- 1 cup coconut butter , warmed slightly, so it's runny
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup collagen see discount code in Recipe Notes
- 1/2 cup bacon fat , use the bacon fat that renders from the bacon in this recipe, and then, if needed, just add a bit more of any fat of choice like coconut, lard or avocado, to get the full 1/2 cup needed for this recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda , sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line one large or two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In large bowl whisk to combine the following dry ingredients: cassava flour, coconut flour, collagen, gelatin, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
In medium bowl combine the following wet ingredients and coconut sugar: applesauce, coconut butter, bacon fat, coconut sugar and apple cider vinegar.
Add wet ingredients to large bowl of dry ingredients. Top with diced/chopped ingredients: bacon pieces, diced apple and green onions.
Fold together well without over-mixing.
Use a cookie scoop (see link in Recipe Notes) to portion cookies onto prepared cookie sheet. The dough can almost touch between each cookie; they'll spread very little.
Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, until bottoms are golden-brown and tops are tinged with golden brown in places.
They will be pretty soft while hot but will set up more and be very cookie-like in texture once cooled. Store cookies in fridge, and warm slightly before eating if desired.
Find Otto's Cassava Flour here.
Find sustainable collagen powder here. Enter code BEAUTIFUL10 at checkout for 10% off your entire order. :)
Here's my favorite cookie scoop.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg