Peppermint White Hot Chocolate (Keto, Paleo, Vegan)
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate is utterly satisfying and delicious! Sweet and minty, rich and dessert-like, this creamy treat is also full of good fats and unparalleled chocolate flavor! Keto, Low Carb, Paleo and Vegan. Also GAPS-friendly and can be made Primal with raw milk.
Servings 3 servings
blender or milk frother
- 3 cups milk : Macadamia Nut Milk, Bean Milk, coconut milk or other milk of choice (raw milk for Primal); if your milk is extra creamy, you can use half water, half milk (1.5 cups of each).
- 1/4 cup, slightly heaping cocoa butter measure by using the wafers I link to, or chopping roughly into smallish pieces
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice: your favorite Keto, Paleo or Vegan sweetener, liquid or granulated; if you want to use less bulk sweetener, you can also add a few drops of stevia, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons gelatin omit for Vegan (optional, adds protein and makes a nice foam)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 4 drops peppermint essential oil, or more of either to taste
Place milk (or part milk, part water) and cocoa butter in a small saucepan. Heat to steaming.
Pour milk into blender (or use milk frother). Add sweetener of choice and peppermint. Sprinkle optional gelatin over milk's surface. Blend on medium speed for about 20 seconds. (Use caution when blending hot liquids; start on lowest speed, then increase.)
Milk will be quite frothy. Taste to make sure you like the amount of mint and sweetener. Add more to taste, if needed. Serve.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 322mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Calcium: 276mg | Iron: 1mg