Best Keto Chocolate Chaffle (Low Carb, Paleo, dairy-free option)
Seriously delicious breakfast, snack or dessert, this Best Keto Chocolate Chaffle is SO good and SUPER easy to make! Grab your easy-to-find pantry staples, and have this ready in 10 minutes! (With dairy-free option!)
Servings 1 serving
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder , Fair Trade only
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup low carb granulated sweetener OR for Paleo, use maple sugar or coconut sugar (use less or more sweetener according to preference; 2 T. is plenty; 1/4 cup makes Chocolate Chaffles a lot like chocolate cake!)
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour OR 3 Tablespoons tahini (or nut butter) + 3 Tablespoons water OR for Paleo: 1/4 cup cassava flour may also be used
- 1/4 cup butter , melted OR coconut oil for dairy-free
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda , sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
In small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients. Stir together well.
Preheat chaffle iron. Add batter.
Make 6 extra mini chaffles (ChurWaffle iron), two normal size chaffles (Dash-style maker) OR make one large waffle and fold it over if you want a filling. To serve, fill with sweetened cream cheese (frosting), sweetened whipped cream or sour cream, ice cream, or top with butter, syrup, berries etc.
Serving: 1serving (6 tiny chaffles, 2 regular size chaffles, or 1 full size waffle) | Calories: 634kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11.9g | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 267mg | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 5mg