Low Carb Keto Overnight Hemp Oatmeal (Paleo, Primal, Vegan, GAPS, VAD)
This wonderful breakfast porridge mixes together quickly the night before, then enjoy in the morning! Nutrient-dense, delicious and super low carb.
Servings 1 serving
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 2 Tablespoons pecan meal or other raw nut meal
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream (probiotic, real sour cream with living cultures, such as Nancy's brand or Green Valley Creamery); use unsweetened coconut or almond yogurt for Vegan, dairy-free, Paleo and Whole30; for VAD, use clabbered raw cream or homemade sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon collagen optional
- 1 Tablespoon Sukrin Gold or 2 drops liquid stevia for Keto; use maple sugar or coconut sugar for Paleo/Vegan; use honey for GAPS; omit sweetener for Whole30 and use chopped diced dates when serving
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a measuring cup with pour spout, whisk together water and sour cream (or vegan yogurt) until cream mixes into water smoothly (it will look like milk). Place all dry ingredients into a bowl OR a 1 cup or larger jar. Add sour cream mixture and whisk until well-mixed. Cover loosely (if using a jar, do not seal or screw lid on tightly).
Leave out at room temperature overnight. (Do not refrigerate. The room temperature ensures better nutrition from the chia seeds and nut meal, as the probiotics in the cultured sour cream "pre-digest" the chia seeds and nut meal, making them gentler and more nutritious.)
In the morning, eat as-is. Optional: top with berries and chopped nuts. Or serve with warm milk and other suggested toppings.
Calories: 577kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Calcium: 271mg | Iron: 11mg