Chinese Hot and Sour Stir Fry — Paleo, AIP, Whole30, GAPS
Chinese Hot and Sour Stir Fry is Paleo, AIP, Whole30 and GAPS friendly. You’ll love preparing this easy and fast one-pan dinner! With 20 minutes or less of prep time, the hot stir fry pan makes this dinner come together super quickly. The results are healthy and delicious!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound pork tenderloin , thinly sliced to about 1/4"-1/3"
- 12-16 ounces broccoli , fresh and cut into small florets
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/2 cabbage , thinly sliced, about 10 ounces
- 1 bunch green onions , sliced diagonally, whites and greens separated
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms , stems discarded and mushrooms sliced, about 7 ounces
- 1 carrot , optional, in matchsticks
- 1/4 cup coconut amino acids
- 2 Tablespoons ginger root , fresh, grated or minced
- 2 Tablespoons lard , or preferred fat of choice such as avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch); omit for GAPS
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon sea salt , separated
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper omit for AIP, and add 1 extra Tablespoon fresh ginger for AIP
Combine pork, coconut amino acids, tapioca flour, fresh ginger and optional white pepper in a medium size bowl. Set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
Heat large cast iron skillet over high heat until pan is hot but not yet smoking. Add lard or avocado oil. Add mushrooms. Sauté 2 minutes.
Add cabbage, broccoli, carrot and whites of green onions and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Stir over high heat 3 to 4 minutes, until wilted slightly. Reduce heat to medium if pan is too hot.
Add broth. Reduce heat to medium or medium low to create a slow simmer. Simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add marinated pork and additional 1 teaspoon sea salt. Stir the pork into the other ingredients several times to keep the meat from sticking together. Allow to simmer 3 to 4 minutes, while you stir, just until sauce begins to thicken. Meat will cook very quickly.
Remove from heat. Add the apple cider vinegar and stir.
Serve with cauliflower rice or basmati rice. Top with greens of green onions and fresh cilantro.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1018mg | Potassium: 1089mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3620IU | Vitamin C: 122mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 2.5mg