I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. I am not a doctor; please consult your practitioner before changing your supplement or healthcare regimen.
There are days. There are those of us who never. Coffee and hot chocolate don’t/can’t always happen. Yet we want something sweet and creamy and yes, even nourishing. Lavender-White Chocolate is a steamer that satisfies- both soothing and exciting with its yum factor. Bringing to the table protein (especially if you are able to choose the raw milk version), good fat, and gut healing properties, this treat is almost a meal.
What else is great about this drink?
- It’s caffeine-free.
- All of the ingredients are nutrient-dense, including gelatin, which adds a wonderful fine foam to the outcome.
- It’s a treat, but a healthy treat.
A few choices you have with the ingredients:
- You can choose to use dried lavender blossoms, which just means allowing time for steeping; or you can use lavender essential oil.
- You can use raw dairy milk or coconut milk.
- You can use cocoa butter for the best white chocolate flavor; or if you don’t have it, sub in butter, ghee, or coconut oil. Cocoa butter is high in good saturated and monounsaturated fats. To learn more about the health benefits of cocoa butter, read this post.
- 3 cups raw milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter- measure by chopping roughly into smallish pieces or use butter or coconut oil, for convenience (but it won't taste of white chocolate)
- 2 Tablespoons sustainably-sourced gelatin, see link below in Recipe notes
- 2 Tablespoons dried lavender blossoms or 2-3 drops lavender essential oil, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or stevia, to taste, for Keto version) or add an additional tablespoon of honey (or a bit of stevia too) if you like it sweeter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place milk into small saucepan. Heat to steaming (and very hot). Add lavender, stirring in until totally wetted. Allow to steep 20 minutes. Strain lavender. Reheat milk until, once again, very hot.If using lavender essential oil, skip the steeping step: simply heat the milk, add lavender EO, and proceed to step 2.
- Pour milk into blender. Add cocoa butter, honey and vanilla. Sprinkle gelatin over milk's surface. Blend on medium speed for 12 seconds. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Milk will be quite frothy. Serve.
What’s your favorite hot drink? Do you love having creamy, caffeine-free options?
You might also enjoy this Saffron Milk Tea, used for depression, insomnia, cancer, and hormone balancing.